07 September 2012

Reading Challenge

When I created my Shelfari 2012 reading goal I was working full time retail; 50 books seemed like a reasonable goal. Leisure time was not in the forecast, and I wanted to keep my goal realistic and attainable. Little did I know that I would first go down to part time and then find a library job.

I have read around 30 books since starting my new job; I am now at 41 of my 50 book goal. And since September has just began I have to wonder: should I change my goal? It no longer seems competitive.




(Sidenote: I have also joined Good Reads.)

4 comments:

  1. You never know what lies ahead! Keep your goal at 50 and if you reach it, celebrate! :D Maybe start a monthly reading goal after that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like good advice, Ashley. I haven't been able to push my goals in a long time. I am excited to see how many books I read by the end of the year!

      Delete
  2. I've increased my goal every year for the past three years. I didn't even know you were doing the challenge. I say don't change it - but whatever you reach this year, add ten to that and make it your goal for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set the goal half-heartedly; I didn't expect to pass my goal so soon. Next year's goal will be much more competitive. ;)

      Delete